The Idea Lab provides a space for emerging and experienced theatre practitioners to explore and flesh out ‘ideas in progress,’ which will, in turn, lead to works in progress and perhaps, finally, fully realized performance works. The Lab is held in Bangalore, and is a six-month long venture.
To achieve this, we offer:
● A mix of lectures, presentations, group discussions, readings, and practical assignments;
● A serious focus on research methodologies that need to be applied to the ideas of each member of the group;
● An in-depth look at performance theories and forms from around the world that will help members make informed choices about the process they are interested in;
● A group of people who are sounding boards for all ideas, from content to production, to help projects reach fruition;
● A guided, but peer-driven exploration that will course-correct according to the needs of the group.